We are developing and analysing policy options to inform a Consultation Regulatory Impact Statement as part of the Heavy Vehicle National Law review.
Suggested policy options for a better HVNL
We completed consultation on key issues for a better HVNL in October 2019. You can read a summary of outcomes on what we heard from consultation on the HVNL review site.
The next phase of work is about developing and analysing policy options for the future HVNL.
We are developing and collating suggested policy options. These suggested policy options will inform the Consultation Regulatory Impact Statement (RIS) to be released in early 2020. You can suggest policy options and provide feedback on the suggested policy options we publish.
The purpose of this review is to deliver – from a first principles perspective – a modern, outcome-focussed law regulating the use of heavy vehicles that will:
- improve safety for all road users
- support increased economic productivity and innovation
- simplify the HVNL, its administration and enforcement
- support the use of new technologies and methods of operation
- provide flexible, outcome-focussed compliance options.