The Role of Government in Rail Freight Investment discussion paper, prepared in partnership with our stakeholders, outlines the need for improving the clarity of objectives for planning and investing in freight rail.
The paper highlights the importance of monitoring and evaluating the efficiency of freight rail investments against agreed objectives. Given the resource constraints governments often operate under, the discussion paper shows the importance of using evaluation learning tools and ensuring other policy mechanisms that could be used to achieve the same outcome are considered.
- The Role of Government in Rail Freight Investment Discussion Paper (520 KB)
- Freight Rail Productivity Review Draft Position Paper March 2009 (482 KB)
- Rail Productivity & Supply Chains Fact Sheet March 2009 (194 KB)
- Rail Productivity Review 2008 Issues Paper (371 KB)
- Rail Productivity Information Paper - March 2008 (1 MB)
- Rail Productivity Review 2008 - Terms of Reference (19 KB)
- Rail Industry Productivity Review An NTC Initiative - June 2008 (62 KB)