- Load Restraint Guide 2018 (65 MB)
Load Restraint Guide maintenance
- Scoping >
- Analysing issues >
- Analysing options >
The NTC has recently completed the review and update of the Load Restraint Guide in close consultation with stakeholders. The updated guide and complementary guide for light vehicles were launched in January 2018 following endorsement by transport ministers in November 2017.
This project ensured that the Load Restraint Guide:
- is easy to access and understand
- meets the needs of the people who use it
- is accurate, up to date and reflects the practices that have developed since the last edition of the Guide was published in 2004.
This is the first time a version focusing on light vehicles has been available, specifically for vehicles under 4.5 tonnes.
Ongoing maintenance for the Load Restraint Guide will be undertaken by the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR). As the NHVR does not have responsibility for light vehicles, the Load Restraint Guide for Light Vehicles will be maintained by the NTC.
Find out more
- Draft Load Restraint Guide (62 MB)