Remote Areas Consultative Group
The Remote Area Consultative Group (RACG) comprises of transport, heavy vehicle industry and road agency representatives from Western Australia, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia and the National Transport Commission.
The group has helped shape national processes, and legislation, such as the implementation of Fatigue Accreditation and Performance Based Standards.
The role of the RACG is to focus on remote area operations, in order to:
- improve the efficiency and productivity of transport in remote areas
- maximise safety and environmental outcomes
- advise on priority reforms for remote areas.
The RACG meets bi-annually. The Northern Territory is the current host state/territory, which rotates every two years.
- Remote Areas Consultative Group Terms of Reference (100 KB)
- RACG Communique 7 December 2017 (406 KB)
- RACG Communique 8 March 2017 (226 KB)
- RACG Communique 7 July 2016 (238 KB)
- RACG Communique - 5 November 2015 (658 KB)
- RACG Communique 13 May 2015 (1 MB)
- RACG Communique 4 December 2014 (105 KB)
- RACG Communique 12 June 2014 (573 KB)
- RACG Communique 12 December 2013 (552 KB)
- RACG Communique 13 June 2013 (573 KB)